UGC has released a list of 22 unrecognized and self styled institutions which it claims function under the UGC Act. UGC posted a ‘Public Notice’ on the website with regards to ‘Fake universities’ and stated that as per the Section 23 of UGC Act, using the word ‘University’ is prohibited for those institutions that are formed against the norms.
These are the 22 Fake Universities that it listed!
1.Commercial University Ltd Daryaganj!
2. Vocational University, Delhi
3. United Nations University, Delhi
4.St. John’s University, Kerala
5. Commercial University Ltd. Daryaganj, New Delhi
6. Gandhi Hindu Vidyapith, Allahabad
7. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi
8. ADR- Centric Juridical University, Rajendra Place, New Delhi
9.Badaganvi Sarkar, World Open University Education Society, Gokak Belgaum, Karnataka.
10. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
11. Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
12. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
13. National University Of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
14.Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Rourkela
15.Gandhi Hindi Vidypith, Allahabad
16. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Mathura
17.D.D B Sanskrit University, Putur, Tamil Nadu
18.Gurukul Vishwavidyalaya, Mathura
19.Indraprasth Shiksha Parishad, Noida
20.Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Kolkata
21.Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
22.Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Mathura
Yes, UGC has informed that these institutions are fake and cannot confer degrees.
Stay alert, stay educated.